I supposed to post this yesterday. But I got caught up biking! It was really nice out yesterday. And it’s officially spring! Yay! Yesterday is 83° F. We went to the store to look some palm trees. I want to start planting. But there’s really a few selection of plants and flowers. I saw a lot of daffodils and tulips. Here is some pictures I took yesterday!
Yesterday for dinner I made some Taco salad. The taco salad is a Mexican inspired dish, with many variations. The salad is often served as a fried flour tortilla shell stuffed with shredded iceberg lettuce and topped with diced tomatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. The salad is topped with taco meat (ground beef) or seasoned shredded chicken. The salad may also have a base of refried beans on the shell before the lettuce is added.
Variations include a similar salad served without the tortilla base and a “bowl” of Spanish rice and refried beans dressed out with similar ingredients. The taco salad also takes a twist in many American homes. Instead of using a tortilla or a bowl of Spanish rice as a base, the meal is based on top of crushed tortilla chips, making the dish very similar to the Mexican dish of nachos, just with added lettuce . Taco Salad comes together easily. This is my version of the Taco salad. I think I do this backwards.
- 1lb Lean Ground Beef
- 12 pcs cherry tomatoes , cut in 4 pieces or you can use 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onions, diced
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce or romaine , whichever you prefer
- 1/2 cup Black Olives, sliced
- 20 pieces Thin Tortilla
- 20 pieces Tortilla
- 20 Pieces Nachos Doritos
- 1 Packet Taco Bell Taco Seasosing
- Taco Bell Sauce
- Taco Bell Salsa
- Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese or Mexican Mix Cheese
- Brown the meat in the skillet. About 10 minutes. Then drain. Pour in the Taco Bell Seasoning.
- Mix together the diced tomatoes and sweet red onion together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put some oregano or fresh cilantro.
- Then, assembles the 3 types of chips in the bottom of the plate.
- Sprinkle some cheese on the chips.
- Turn on the oven on Broil.
- Put 1/2 cup of the ground cooked meat on the chips.
- Put 2 tbsp of Guacamole and 2 tbsp of Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp or more depends on your liking, of the salsa
- Top with 1 1/2 cup of the shredded lettuce.
- Tops with sliced black olives and tomatoes and onions mixtures.
- Put 1/2 cup of the cheese .
- Put the plate in a cookie sheet. Broil it for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and it!