After being in the hospital for awhile and I doesn’t have so much energy to do things. Just laying in bed. Wasting another beautiful day.
I noticed that Spring is already here in Wisconsin. We have the record high of 81 degrees today! The grass are turning all green. Every morning I hear the birds chirping again.Enjoying the beautiful weather. The breeze that gently caress your skin. When it starts to get hot I don’t cook a lot heavy meal. I always prefer a very light meal. Salads! Pasta Salad! I grill a lot! So today I decided to cook a pork roast but I don’t want to turn on the oven. It gonna heat up the whole house. So I grabbed my slow cooker and put the roast in there. Here is the recipes for today.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Cranberry and Apricot Sauce
- 3- 4lbs Pork Roast
- 1 can Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1 can Apricot (save the juice)
- 6 small potatoes cut in halves
- 1 medium onions diced
- 5 pcs dried apricot
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried ground mustard
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- Brown the pork roast in the pan. Spray some oil in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Put the potatoes halves in the bottom of the cooker.
- Mix the cranberry sauce, apricot with the juice,dried apricot and onions. Mix it well until it looks like a relish.
- In a small bowl mix all the dried ingredients. Salt ,black pepper, dried mustard, cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the dried ingredients on the cranberry mixtures. Mix well.
- Put the roast on top of the potatoes.
- Pour the mixture on the roast.
- Cook it for 7-9 hours on low, depends on your cooker.
- Serve and Enjoy.
The longer you cook the roast, the tastier it gets. And its really worth of waiting! And the smell of the cranberries and apricots in the air made me hungry. It always amazed me that when I cooked, it always take a long time, and they will finish eating it in less than 10 minutes! You can serve it with steam vegetables or you can mashed the potatoes and pour the sauce on top! Hope you enjoy it. Happy eating!