Over the course of my stay in Italy. I learned a lot of things. Cooking simple meal that doesn’t require fancy ingredients. Pasta is one of my favorite dish. Shrimp is one of my favorite food. I could say, I can eat shrimp everyday. I decided to make Shrimp Scampi with Linguine smothered with butter and garlic sauce. The Shrimp scampi is really easy to make and it came it together in no time. The little heat from the red chili pepper really helps and adds a lot of flavor to the dish. The touch of lemon and parsley makes it very light and fresh. And I made some bruschetta too! My family love this appetizers. And I’m sure you do too! So sit back and relax and let me share you what I made for tonights dinner!
Pasta with Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound Spaghetti ( I don’t have linguini pasta)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced ( I added 2 more cloves because we love the taste of garlic)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest.
- a pinch of red chili pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on package.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the red chili pepper flakes and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and saute until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the liquid until reduced by about half, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the butter, wait for it to melt and turn off the heat.
- Add the shrimp, pasta and parsley and toss to coat.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy
Succulent sauteed shrimp in a buttery lemon and white wine sauce that is surprisingly quick and easy to make. Enjoy!