Breakfast doesn’t have to be just a cold bowl of cereals. I’m trying to learn some of the Classic American recipes and this is my Homemade Pecan Rolls. The gooey caramel sauce and the taste of the pecans made this rolls so special (IMHO)….
- 4 cups (plus 1/2 cup extra separated) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 packets Active Dry Yeast
- 2 cups of Milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (heaping) Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (scant) Baking Soda
- 1/2 tablespoon (heaping salt)
- 5 tablespoons of Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild honey
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- For the dough, heat the milk, vegetable oil, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat to just below a boil. Set aside and cool to warm. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit on the milk for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of flour. Stir in until just combined. Covered it. Put it in a warm place and let it rise for an hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the towel and add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the remaining 1 cup flour. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Remove the risen dough from bowl and gently roll it out on a very lightly floured surface, to an 18 x 15-inch rectangle.
- Spread the 5 tablespoon melted butter evenly over dough.
- Combine the 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar and 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon. And sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Tightly roll the dough beginning at one long side, keeping the roll as uniform as possible. Pinch the edges to seal the roll.
- Using a serrated knife, trim off both ends (I forgot to cut it). Then cut the roll in 12 even slices (I cut 8 rolls on mine).
- Make the Sticky Caramel Toppings. In a medium bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup softened butter, the 1 cup brown sugar, honey, and pinch of salt until well combined. Stir in the 3 tablespoons water.Transfer topping to pan and with a spatula distribute in an even layer.
- Spread the pecans on the Pan with the carmel toppings.
- Arrange rolls in the baking dish, evenly spacing them in 4 rows of 3 each. Then use your hands to gently press the rolls into the pecans.
- Cover the dish loosely. And let it rise again for 15-20 minutes. Preheat over at 375 degrees F.
- After 20 minutes, uncover the dish. Bake it for 15-18 minutes.
- Let the Pecan Rolls stand on the rack for 5 minutes. Invert in to the serving platter.