Can you feel it? Christmas is almost here! So today me and my kids went to attend the Christmas service at my local church!
And after church, we went back home and I started cooking dinner! I prepared a comfort dish that everyone loves. Who doesn’t love Mac and Cheese? Anyone? So I made those for Christmas Eve Dinner! It’s very easy and so cheesy and tasty. I made it from scratch! And I really like how it turns out!
And here’s the recipe!
Velveeta Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni Pantry Pack
- 2 slices whole wheat or French Bread ( I tried Ritz Crackers and it taste really good)
- 1/2 cup Parmigianino Reggiano, grated
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup milk (regular or low-fat)
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 cup Kraft® Velveeta®
- 1 packed cup cheddar or Gouda, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender-firm.
- Meanwhile, toast bread and then grind in food processor to fine crumbs. Mix with grated Parmesan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and drizzle 1/2 tablespoon onto crumbs.
- Gradually whisk in milk, broth and onions. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly and cook to thicken, 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses and mustard until melted and smooth.
- Mix macaroni into cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into a shallow pie plate or brownie pan and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown and casserole is bubbling.
Hope you guys try this recipes!! And let me know if you do!